Today in class we had the opportunity to explore a few different coding games and applications.  I spent my time on grasshopper, a text-based coding app geared towards high school students.  It is very well structured, and takes you through the different elements of coding.  I took a computer science course in my undergrad, focused on javascript.  Grasshopper was, then, pretty straight forward to me.  I found it a little frustrating at times because I wanted to type things for myself, rather than just click the blocks for the code that I was working on.  Having only spent 20 minutes on this platform, I’m sure I don’t know the full extent of it’s capabilities. I hope that once you progress past the basic buildup, there are opportunities for a little more creativity and exploration.

As a pre-service math teacher, I am excited by the online resources available for coding as I know this might fall under my domain.  I look forward to exploring more of these resources and implementing them in my classroom and beyond.